baby development

Mar 29, 2007

My Teething Experience

It all started one fine Tuesday afternoon, when after waking up from my nap, I refused to drink milk. I also had not drank water from the bottle for the whole day. Mummy tried ways & means to make me drink i.e. changing to Stage 2 spout teat, straight from the cup, but it all doesn't work.

Next, she tried apply teething gel on my swollen gums (I HATE the smell), give me chilled teether & chilled hankie (which I threw all away), feed my chilled fruit puree & baby yoghurt. But I'm still cranky.

Mummy was very worried & cooked porridge for me but after taking 2 spoonful, I rejected them. Next, mummy tried feeding me my favourite Heinz jar food. Luckily, I managed to finish all.

However, in the middle of the night at 1am, I woke up crying. I'm HUNGRY! Cos I reject milk, mummy has no choice but to feed me banana cereal with milk added in. After a few spoonfuls, I pushed away the bowl which flew into the air. Poor mummy! She has to wipe away the mess on the walls, floors, fan, door & even the electrical socket in the wee hours! Mummy said I'm a naughty gal & put me into bed.

Then at 3am, I woke up crying again. This time daddy has to wake & pacify me to back to sleep.

On the 2nd day, mummy became desperate due to lack of sleep & my crankiness. So upon the advice of forum aunties, she bought Baby Paracetamol to relieve my teething pain. Seems to work though, cos I sleep from 11pm till 10am the next morning. Then I even managed to finish 2 bottles of milk during the next day.

No comments: