baby development

Jan 7, 2008

1st Day in Playgroup

Daddy & mummy decided to enrol me into the 2hr daily playgroup at Talentplus Edu-care organised by the RC near our place. The class is at Blk 606 Hougang Ave 4 which is about 5mins walking distance from our place.

We were late for class this morn as I only woke up at 845am. Mummy quickly made milk & changed me while I lay there drinking. When we reached there, the classroom door was locked. We had to knocked on the door & luckily there's still 1 more boy outside the class being pacified by his father so we're not really late.

This week, the class is open for 1hr only, so as to let the students adapt to the new environment & parents are welcome to sit in. There are 7 students in the class. 4 gals & 3 boys. The boys seemed older & all of them are crying. I seemed to be the youngest in the class but I'm not scared at all. There are 3 parents sitting in today, including mummy. 2 boys were being pacified by their parent while another one was being pacified by the Asst Teacher.

We spent the first 10mins playing with toys on the floor to warm. Then the teacher instructed us to keep the toys in the box. Mummy showed me how & I helped to put the toys back inside the box.

As the boys kept crying so we didn't do much today. Teacher sang some songs with actions & drew a star on my palm. Then she took out a picture of a gal with strings attached to her hair. Teacher wanted us to touch the hair & feel the texture. I was too distracted by the cries & the new environment that I didn't notice wat the teacher is doing. Kept roaming around the classroom, touching the pictures on the wall. Mummy had to prompt me before I went forward & touch the hair. Then it's time for break & everyone took out their water bottle to drink. After that, it's story time & class ended.

VERDICT
Kay seemed more fanscinated by her classmates & the new environment than wat the teacher is doing. She kept staring blankly at the crying children, probably wondering wat's going on. After she has warmed up, she kept roaming around the classroom, exploring. She also followed the actions of the other children instead of paying attention to the teacher. Hopefully she'll be more attentive after a few days getting used to the new environment.

No comments: