baby development

Aug 5, 2007

My 1st Pnuemococcal Jab

Mummy took me to have my 1st Pnuemococcal jab on Monday, since she had the car while Daddy was out of town.

In the beginning, I enjoyed myself playing with the toys in the clinic. However, I quickly tensed up when the Mummy grabbed hold of my arms & thighs while the doctor prepared to jab me.

Wah! Mummy feels my reaction were a bit slow. I only started wailing long after doctor pulled out the needle. However, I was soon smiling & playing with Mummy's wallet while she was making payment.

On Tuesday morning, Daddy came back from India & drove me to Nai-nai's house as we're fixing aircon. When Mummy & daddy came to fetch me at night, there were lotsa red spots on my feet & hands. And the rashes were slowing spreading to my legs & arms.

Mummy & daddy quickly rushed me to the clinic. However, Dr Soh wasn't around. Instead, I was being examined by a very young Malay doctor.

Upon one look, doctor told Daddy that the red spots on my feet & hands are typical symptoms of Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD). However, since I didn't had fever & ulcers on my mouth (which are characteristic of HFMD), doctor only suspect. So he told mummy & daddy to monitor me.

I had trouble falling asleep at night cos the itch on my feet are unberable. I woke up at 130am crying hysterically, kicking my legs at the same time (cos mummy put on socks for me at night). Mummy tried feeding me milk, but I started crying again & even refused to finished it. Mummy quickly apply calamine lotion on my feet & brought me to sleep with them on the master bed.

This is my first time sleeping with daddy & mummy after a long long time. I felt really weird & kept tossing around in bed. Finally I fell asleep lying in daddy's arms.

The next day, the rashes didn't spread & mummy confirm that I don't have ulcers in my mouth & tongue. Therefore mummy is very certain that I didn't have HFMD. After daddy came home from work in the evening, they brought me to see Dr Soh.

Dr Soh diagnosed that I may be allergic to the Pnuemococcal jab as I had rashes the day after. He prescribed some lotion to soothe my itch & advised mummy on reconsidering about bringing me for the followup jab 2 months later.

Mummy & daddy are so glad that my rashes only lasted about 3days.

No comments: